I started back up on the Dominion Building, and I am having a lot of fun. I am glad I took a few months off from it cause I learned much from the other little buildings that I built. I am hopping that the excitement continues till I finish it, but it is going to be hard when I start to build the 60-70 windows from scratch, I need to learn how to cast parts.
If you look at earlier pictures of the building I was experimenting with a paper brick pattern on the 4th thru 8th floors and thats about when I stopped. I have ripped off all of the paper due to the fact it looked like poo and wasn't giving me the results I desired. I have now laminated on textured brick plastic and added a little detail with strips of three rows of brick to add further dimension. The color has been difficult to decide on, (the first coat came out a nasty Dijon mustard color). I think I like the color of the brick now, its a bit of a kaki color. Now that the brick is done I am starting to finish off the back. Initially I was going to leave it unfinished because it will never be seen, but now that I will most likely be entering it in a show in March I needs to be finished.
I am sorry for the bad pictures I was using them to see if the colors work in natural light.