Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Favorite Buildings - Newhouse & Boston Buildings




Newhouse & Boston Buildings
Salt Lake City, UT -1908-

This pair of eleven story buildings has been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember, one reason for that is because they are so close to home.   The buildings are actually fraternal twins, each has slightly different ornamentation, but basically the same.  I think it was the Boston went through a renovation last year and the other had one done a few years earlier.  These two are structures that I definitely model (in a few years), those curves will be a bear.

On a side note, a few of you have introduced to some amazing buildings that I have never seen or heard of before, and I love it.  So some of the others that are visiting, please share with me some of your favorites, I really would like to know.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those buildings. I've walked by them about 100 times.

The thing that I find most striking on them is their gilded front doors that are like 12 foot tall.

I've been wanting to model them myself, so you do all the heavy lifting and then I'll copy them. --grin--

Christopher said...

How about I do the Boston and you do the Newhouse? Or vise versa. That could be fun!