I said I wasn't going to post on the Gordon tonight but my plans fell through and so I built windows. I used a technique that I have been wanting to try ever sense I designed a warehouse a few years ago. What I use is a etched brass mesh to kill all the mullions but it looked to flat so I added some .020" square strip styrene on top of the mesh.
I then sprayed on a primer after I masked the windows off so the brass would hold the paint. I wanted a darker color in the windows so I used a flat dark grey, in the photos it looks textured but in-person it looks fine.
Some of you are probably scratching your head in confusion because of the way I am building this, I wanted to try finishing the front facade before adding the rest of the structure. On other projects I felt I fought with it more as an assembled structure, and caused damage as I went along, so far I am really enjoying this method and will try it more in the future, but it may depend on the structure as well. At the rate I have been going I hope the have the front done by the weekend so I can start the rest of the structure.